You can create categories to organize your templates when they are displayed in BizTek Page Builder. You can also choose the order that they will be sorted in. This organization makes it easier for you and your clients to find the right template for a new page.
For example, suppose you want to create a complete set of custom templates to replace the BizTek Builder built-in templates. You still want to group them under Landing Page templates and Content Templates, so you would create two categories. The following procedure uses this example in the screenshots.
To create custom layout template categories:
- In the WordPress admin panel, click Templates > Categories.
If you don’t see Templates in the admin panel, see the related article on enabling the Templates admin panel.
- Add a new category name, slug, optional description, and click Add New Template Category.
To assign a category to a custom layout template and change the order:
- In the WordPress admin panel, click Templates > All Templates.
- You can do a Quick Edit through your list of custom layout templates and saved rows and modules, selecting one or more categories for each of them.
- If you want to order the templates within the category, assign a custom order as well.
- Click Update when you are done with each quick update.
When you are finished, each layout template should display its category in the list of all templates.
To check your custom categories in BizTek Page Builder:
- Open a page for editing in BizTek Page Builder.
- In the upper right corner, click Templates.
- Under Your Templates, your custom templates should now be appearing in categories.
The following screenshot shows this example of how the custom templates were categorized.