Change Display Settings on Mobile Devices
All BizTek Builder layouts are responsive, meaning they automatically adjust for various screen sizes.
If you want further control, you can customize the responsive settings, both for individual elements and sitewide.
- For individual rows, columns, and modules, you can choose whether to show or hide the element on various device sizes. For columns only, you can also change the column width for medium and small devices and the order in which columns are stacked.
- Sitewide, you can enable or disable the responsive layout, and you can fine-tune the breakpoints for medium and small devices. Though not generally recommended, you can disable responsiveness entirely or disable the automatic adjustment to margins and padding as the device size changes.
Change responsive settings for individual elements
You can choose large, medium, or small devices or some combination. Large Devices Only means the element will only be visible on desktop computers or TVs with a browser. Small Devices Only means the element will only be visible on most phones. Medium Devices are for devices like small tablets.
To choose on which devices you display or hide a row, column, or module:
- Open an individual row, column, or module for editing by clicking the wrench icon.
- Click the Advanced tab and scroll to the Responsive Layout section.
- In the Display field, choose the device sizes that you want to display the element on.
- For columns, you can also change the column width for medium and small devices.
Note that if you change the default breakpoints under global settings, it will affect the point at which the column width decreases.
- For columns, you can reverse the order in which columns are stacked on smaller devices.
Change global display settings or breakpoints for devices
- Open one of your pages in the BizTek Builder editor.
- In the upper right corner, click the Tools button, choose Global Settings, and scroll to the Responsive Layouts section.
- To disable responsiveness entirely, change Enabled to No.
- To disable automatic changes to margins and padding as screen size changes, change Enable Auto Spacing to No.
- To change the browser width at which the layout will adjust for medium-sized or small devices, set the number of pixels for the Medium Device Breakpoint or Small Device Breakpoint respectively. By default the medium device breakpoint is 992px and the small device breakpoint is 768px.
Last updated on Feb 11, 2017